No announcement yet.

Fireclay availibility in Eastern Mass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireclay availibility in Eastern Mass?

Hey Guys, i was wondering if any of you living in (preferably north) Eastern Massachusetts have a source for Fireclay. I've found sources for almost everthing else i need to start my oven but finding the fireclay has been really difficult. Any information will help. Thanks.

Re: Fireclay availibility in Eastern Mass?

Mutual Materials may be close by. Check out their locations:

Masonry Product Showrooms: Large Showroom of Masonry Products

GJB
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Hi Kibarn,
      I got my fireclay from Deering Lumber in Melrose Ma. I think it was a 25 pound bag. (small bag) I don't remember the price but it was pretty inexpensive. I don't know if you're planning to cut your firebrick with a brick saw or if you've done it already, but to tell you the truth, you don't need fireclay if you can use the 'sawdust' in the wet saw pan. It's basically the same thing. I ended up buying the fireclay only because I had chunks of brick in the wet saw pan. If you pour the wet brick dust through some sort of strainer, (kind of like panning for gold) you would have more fireclay than you'd need!
      Rick
      Come to think of it, (now that I already wrote this ) I don't know how far you are from me but you could have the rest of my fireclay if you want. If you're interested, I'll have to check how much I've got left over. Your welcome to it!
      View my pictures at, Picasaweb.google.com/xharleyguy

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X