Uploading photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading photos

Since there seems to be an problem for newbies uploading photos to the site (I was one) I thought a tutorial may be useful. The easiest way I could think of was to add screenshots as attachments so here goes part 1. Just follow the little red arrows.
    • Clicking on 'Post Reply' takes you to the first screen. Click on the paper clip icon. (First thumbnail)

• To locate your photo for upload click on 'Browse'.(Second thumbnail)

• This takes you to the Choose File window. (Third thumbnail) From the drop-down list select the location of your photo (my photos, my sharing folders etc.) Click on the photo to select and then click on 'Open'. This will transfer the location of the photo to the manage attachments screen
    Last edited by Inishta; 01-21-2008, 06:50 AM.

Re: Uploading photos

Part 2.
    • From the manage attachments screen click on 'Upload'. This will attach your photo to the post. (First thumbnail)
    • If you wish to add further photos click on 'Browse' and repeat step 3 from the previous post. When finished click on 'Close this window' (Second thumbnail)
    • You will find your photos on the 'Attach Files' under 'Additional Options' Having made sure you have put in your title and message click 'Submit Reply' (third thumbnail) and hey presto your reply with attachments should be on the forum

Comment

Inishta, this is so much better of a tutorial than the other ways. I hope we can send this thread to newbees as they ask, knowing that the most recent thread is always up on the forum home page. Great work.
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

I think James should make this a sticky
        RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
        Oven Thread

Comment

Hey all,

Great work Trevor; thanks for putting your time (and skill) into this. I have made this Sticky, so new users can easily find it.

James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Nice work, Dude! Hope you don't mind - thought I'd help out, too.

To position your attachments within the text:

Once the attachments are uploaded, click the paper clip icon once more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	upload 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	269749

It will open a small drop down menu.

Name:	upload 3.JPG
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	269750

Your attachments are in descending order of the order they were uploaded in (first on top, second below it, third below that, etc).

Place the cursor in the text where you want the attachment to appear. Click on the attachment you wish to place there. Attachment tags (the funky things in brackets) will appear in that spot.

Name:	upload 4.JPG
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	269751

Click Submit Reply.

Name:	upload 5.JPG
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	269752

There ya go!
            Last edited by Archena; 01-21-2008, 04:18 PM.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
            [/CENTER]

Comment

More Fun With Attachments:

From the drop down menu you have several options:

1) Manage Attachments. Clicking this will open the upload window and allow you to upload additional attachments (FB has a limit of five).

Name:	attach 1.JPG
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	269753

2) The attachments themselves can be placed in any order anywhere in the text by placing the cursor in the text where you want the attachment and then clicking on that attachment. Remember, they are in descending order - the second one down will be the second one you uploaded.

Name:	attach 2.JPG
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	269754

3) Insert All does exactly what it sounds like - it inserts all the attachments at once.

Name:	attach 3.JPG
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	269755

If you don't insert them anywhere - or click the Manage Attachments button at the bottom, all attachments will appear at the bottom of the post as thumbnails.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

Hello all
                This is my 7th post ,but I am still unable to upload a photo
                every time I press the paper clip i get a" kerplunk" with no result.
                "Travis" informed me there is some software on the site requiring a certain number of posts as a way of preventing SPAM getting in
                Is this the case ,and if so any idea how many are needed
                Cheers Cooter

Comment

I think it's ten. I tried to find it listed somewhere (I know I've seen it) but no luck.

James, what about a sticky in Forum Guidelines that contains the various requirements?

[/CENTER]

Comment

Great tutorial boss.
                    Pizza Lieferservice

Lieferservice Nürnberg

Comment

This is my 7th post ,but I am still unable to upload a photo
                      every time I press the paper clip i get a" kerplunk" with no result
                      I get that sometimes, but its usually file size is too large,,

Mark

Comment

You have no idea how old this thread is, do you?

[/CENTER]

Comment

should I ??? Now im not even sure how I found it....

Comment

<insert rolling on the floor laughing smilie here>

Someone bumped it recently - it's a sticky anyway, if I recall correctly. You probably saw it in the main forum or new posts. The thread is over a year old - I was still living on the other side of the state when I first posted in it.

Don't sweat it - everyone does that.

[/CENTER]

Comment

hhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh hggg
                              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X