Brick Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick Identification

Sorry to have to ask this I know it is something I should be able to find on search but I haven't seen anything and some of you might have come across this before.

I am working on sourcing materials and came across a large supply of what looks to be fire brick of all different shapes and sizes. Pallet quantities of each.

Some are tapered and some are simple rectangle.

I was able to track down one of the bricks that had Mohite stamped on it.

http://www.rescoproducts.com/docs/MS...ite%20MSDS.pdf

Lots of Photo's sorry but wanted to let the group see what I have found and see if anyone thinks they are worth a try to incorporate in a 42" build?

$1 each no matter the size. I am sure I can get them a little lower maybe even a bulk deal if these are worth anything for a WFO Build.

Tapered bricks work well, but you need to size the oven to the taper for best results. A 75/63 taper will work to about a 1200 mm / 40 inch oven. Lay them out in a circle with 1.5 mm packers and determine the diameter you can work out how many you need along with the standard bricks for base and soldier course

Comment

Mohite are a high fired super duty brick manufactured by Chicago Fire brick in Missouri. These brick are 145 pcf - Denser and less porous then the typical brick used in an oven. The oven will take a little longer to heat up and a little longer to cool down. If they have been sitting outside, exposed to rain and freeze thaw, for a long time, they may crumble.

Comment

Working...
      X