Finding most recent posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding most recent posts

This may be a temporary "work around" for finding new posts. I've set my bookmark for the forum's Advanced Search Page. When it pops up I select only Last Visit and Forum. It will include posts further back than your "last visit". But, the most recent will be on top.

Edit: This tip from Scott123, Now just bookmark the Results Page. It will update the most recent posts each time you return to the site.
    Edit: Or, just book mark this link Search Results For New Posts. I had to do that for my iPhone. I don't think that it will work unless you are logged in.
    Last edited by Gulf; 08-18-2015, 10:17 AM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

I'm using the "latest activity" button on the forum home page. Seems to work

I'm curious what has happened to their site traffic since they made the change. I used to come to the site at least once a day. Since the change it has been weeks. I bet both visits and posts are down....
    Last edited by deejayoh; 08-06-2015, 12:58 PM.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

The latest activity button only brings up newly started topics for me.

Yes I'm sure that their activity is way down. I think that it is probably down to 10% of what it was.
      Last edited by Gulf; 08-06-2015, 01:12 PM.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

The new forum issue deficiencies don't seem to have improved. Members are voting with their feet. Very disappointing.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
          This may be a temporary "work around" for finding new posts. I've set my bookmark for the forum's Advanced Search Page. When it pops up I select only Last Visit and Forum. It will include posts further back than your "last visit". But, the most recent will be on top.
          Nice find! You can bookmark the results page, and when you click on the bookmark, it will always pull up the most recent posts. As far as I'm concerned, that's a permanent solution.

Comment

Thanks Scott,
            I didn't think of bookmarking the results. You are right that is a permanent solution That's even quicker than a recent post button, anyway . This way, when you click on the site, your there! .

Comment

Yes, and I like the layout of the results. Nice, clean and legible. I can't speak to the other changes, but, now that we've found this, now that I have my 'front door' back, I'm happy. Let's just hope that whatever 'fixes' they're currently incorporating don't break this.

Comment

Can't even find the advanced searsh button. Just a textfield with a magnifier button. Am using an iphone.
                Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
                I forgot who said that.

Comment

Originally posted by v12spirit View Post
                  Can't even find the advanced searsh button. Just a textfield with a magnifier button. Am using an iphone.
                  Yeah, it took me a while to find it as well. This pulls it up

http://www.fornobravo.com/community/search?

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
                    I'm using the "latest activity" button on the forum home page. Seems to work

I'm curious what has happened to their site traffic since they made the change. I used to come to the site at least once a day. Since the change it has been weeks. I bet both visits and posts are down....
                    ..........X2
                    Lee B.
                    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

It may have to do with my settings but, when I hit he "latest activity" button, all I get is the "latest topics" that have been started. Not the "latest posts".
                      Last edited by Gulf; 08-16-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I've been following this thread a bit. I can't even find some of the "buttons" being referred to by some members or even some of the other stuff (?) Anyway.......I think it may have a lot to do w/what browser each member is using or possibly Iphones, etc (?) A bit weird. I think the changeover definitely has chased away some folks, w/out a doubt. Hopefully, in time, they will trickle back in or some new ones will join. I do think lots of builders kind of "fade away" naturally when they complete their respective projects, and some of it can be attributed to that, but there has, w/out a doubt, been a drop off. I think it will pick back up in time. Hope so.
                        Last edited by NCMan; 08-17-2015, 04:56 AM.
                        My Build:
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

NCMan,

Until yesterday, My phone was talk or text only. I just got a new iPhone. I could not get the tip above to work on it. I went back to my home computer and mailed the link to myself. I clicked on the link in the emai and the results came up. I bookmarked it in my phone and now I have it. I'm new to iphones so, I don't know if clicking on the below link will help someone or not. I hope it does.

Search Results for New Posts

Comment

That's what I was guessing, since the page looks different when I access it through different browsers. I hope we can all eventually figure it out!!
                            My Build:
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Working...
                            X