Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the search function completely useless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the search function completely useless?

I am trying to search the forum right now and it hardly turns up ANY results, even searching for "wood fired oven" turned up 22 results, "caputo" turned up 3 results. Anyone know how to search this forum? I have had nothing but problems since this place got the facelift.

Not only that but I can't even use Google to search the sight, for some reason google doesn't have any (or VERY little) of the forum indexed. How do we find info on here without any way of searching?

Let me try it in a Google search using these words. "caputo forno bravo forum" I seem to get a lot of hits that way.

Edit: I see what you mean though, the search doesn't restrict it to the site.
    Last edited by Gulf; 08-20-2015, 06:48 AM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I'm trying it this way. The key word "caputo" + the forum url http://"www.fornobravo.com/community/" That is the key words plus the forum url. That seems to narrow it down some. I can't write it out because it links back to the forum that way but, this seems to narrow it down. Here is my results. I hope this helps.
      Last edited by Gulf; 08-20-2015, 07:03 AM.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks Gulf, that does help. I am not sure what happened to this site, I use it all the time and then I noticed this new look and it doesn't seem to work well at all anymore, there isn't nearly as much activity as I remember a few years back either but that could be subjective.

The owners have always been very good on here too, it doesn't seem like they would have wanted the site to be so crippled, I have always appreciated it though.

Comment

I'm with you guys. I'm just a newbie but as soon as they changed it the traffic seemed to drop off drastically. Such a shame. And the search function?

Forget it. I've just spent an hour searching the forum for info on chimneys and did it all via Google. Just entered 'chimney Forno Bravo'.

Pretty grim that you have to leave the site to search for info within the site.

Comment

Working...
          X