Do I have space.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have space.?

Hi do I have space for decent pizza oven? Only have 47by47inches (1.1by1.1 available)

Ta jim

If you go with an igloo finish , a 28" oven is go oing to be ~46" wide (28" floor space + 9" of fire brick + ~7" of insulation & shell). So that's about the biggest oven you could fit - and it would have to be in your space on the diagonal to get a vent installed. If you need to install the oven so that the opening is perpendicular to one of the sides of your space, then you probably need to knock off a couple more inches in order to fit in a very short vent.

So depends on your definition of "decent". Some people love a small oven because they heat up quickly and are enough for their needs. That size oven is probably great if you don't plan on having big parties or cooking huge batches of bread. But you do need to plan for enough insulation on your footprint.

My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Well said deejayoh!

I made a thread linking to oven projects here on fornobravo.com...Most of the threads referenced there have good visual depictions of the knowledge you will need to plan and build an oven in your given space. Click here to see that thread. This thread includes the kind of drawings that will help you plan your space. HTH :-)
      Lee B.
      DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
      X