Questions regarding the gabled roof enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding the gabled roof enclosure

I downloaded the Pompeii Oven plans for building the 42" Tuscan oven. They describe building the walled enclosure on page #55. I've never worked with metal studs, and I've never tried to build anything like this before. By chance are there any plans that describe building the enclosure in more detail? Is there an example build sequence posted here on the messageboard that you would recommend I look at? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Building with metal studs is pretty easy. If you hunt around the build threads you will find lots of different examples. It all depends on the look you are looking for. You can make anything happen if you use your imagination. If you have a plan people here will be more than happy to help. This is how I did mine . Make sure to use 20 gage or heaver.

Randy

Comment

Ken524 has a very good thread on his oven's gabled enlosure. Ken's My Old Kentucky Dome. Ken's Picasa Web Album. There are a lot of how to's and some videos on the web of techniques for cutting, splicing and fastening metal studs. It looks easy enough, but I like working with wood .
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Hardest part of working with the metal studs is building the trusses. Check out dinopizza's thread for a good tutorial
        My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
          Ken524 has a very good thread on his oven's gabled enlosure. Ken's My Old Kentucky Dome. Ken's Picasa Web Album. There are a lot of how to's and some videos on the web of techniques for cutting, splicing and fastening metal studs. It looks easy enough, but I like working with wood .

Thank you very much. After reading through that thread, and looking at the pictures and video, I think that I will try to build something very similar to his WFO. I also read through several threads today and came upon "A newbie?s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives" that was very helpful. Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

You are very right on that link. There is a ton of great information in there.

Randy

Comment

Working...
            X