Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Oven Sub Floor question

Hey everyone,

Currently I am working on a Mobile pizza oven. I have a fabricator building the trailer currently, once he is done we are going to meet up and talk about the frame for the actual oven itself. I just want to make sure I have my facts straight. Currently this is how I would have it set up

From bottom to top

4" concrete Slab
    4" Super isol Insulation board
    1 Layer of medium duty straight Fire Brick 2 1/2"
    COB or Pompie style Dome

We would be asking the fabricators to make the frame "Box" that would hold this to be about 11- 11 1/2" deep, my thinking is that would allow for about an Inch of the firebrick to show above the frame. Am I thinking about this correctly? Would the Concrete go below the insulation board or above?

I am going to continue searching the forums, but figured if I could get a direct answer that be great!

Any advice would help thanks!

-Dan

Unless you plan on heating up a 4" slab of concrete the insulation should sit between the slab and the oven floor. If fabricating the "box" in steel either don't have a floor in it or have lots of holes drilled in it, otherwise moisture will sit there and when combined with heat will accelerate any corrosion. Galvanized angle iron around the bottom edge may be a better solution. Usually the firebrick floor does not extend to the outside edge of the supporting slab so you do not have to consider this when designing the height of your "box".
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X