tremmel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tremmel

Hi, i've read a few times that'a trammel should be adjustable so it can be shortened as the layers of the pizza oven dome progress to avoid the dome roof being too high. If this is correct I was wondering on the recomended adjustments.. eg, adjust by how much and how often, would it be every layer or every second layer?
    starting my first build soon and I am a complete novice!
    thanks in advance. Greggo

Greggo, I believe you are talking about what the forum calls an indispensable tool, (IT for short). You can make a perfectly hemispherical dome without having to change the length of your tool, or you can change the length to compensate for off center axis of rotation, pivot point being above the oven floor, or to make a flatter dome. I'd recommend reading a bunch of build threads, focusing on the type and size of oven you want to build (if you know yet) and do a forum search on IT or indispensable tool to see what others have made and how they have been used. I talk a bit about use of the IT in my build thread, but most of what I know I learned from others on the forum
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

I.T got it! thanks, thought there must be another name for it as 'trammel' search did not come up with much.
      dome circumference will be 1050 mm or a bit over 41 inches at the base

Comment

If possible, make the IT slightly adjustable, say an inch or so, everything always looks good on paper but in the real world of building the dome, the ability to adjust for things like, pivot point not exactly at floor level, front arch location not spot on, material irregularities, etc. You don't need a lot of range but some will come in handy.There are some ITs that are "no" weld out there on the fourm
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

That dome gauge was sometimes called 'Hendo's Dome Gauge' here on FornoBravo. Named after a now deceased FB member.
          Lee B.
          DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Working...
          X