Hearth vs I-beams steel stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearth vs I-beams steel stand?

Hello, This is my first post, yet i don't think i'm new here as i've been reading this forum daliy for the last 7 months, you guys are amazing.
    I got all materials and plans needed to build my WFO, it will be for my pizzeria as the main oven replacing my electric one, i want it as mobile as possible, only 2years are left in my rent contract, and prob i'll be moving later to a bigger space, so my question is:

- Can i build the pompeii 42" on a steel I-beams stand, will it hold the 1200kg of the oven? and if using heavy duty wheels will be safe for moving it around with getting cracks and the oven falling apart. Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Mirrven; 09-10-2017, 05:54 AM.

Hope someone could help me through

Comment

Welcome Mirrven! There are several builds on the forum that are built on trailers and intended for being able to move around. Many small businesses in the US and Australia that now will drive their pizza ovens to events. An excellent example that comes to mind is one well documented by Karangi Dude in the Australia section of the forum (down towards the bottom of the sections is one called Regional and you'll see his Mobile Oven thread up towards the top. I believe the stands that are sold by Forno Bravo are well constructed and several have wheels...worth looking at them online for ideas if nothing else. Post on Karangi Dude's thread and ask your questions...

Hope that helps...I'm sure your oven can be built on a trailer of some sort, so take a look at those that have already done it. Try a search on Google with the phrase Mobile Pizza Oven Forno Bravo
      Lots of things pop up that will guide you on this build design.

Good luck!
      Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
      Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
      Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
      Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the reply SableSprings, Exactly i have already seen many ovens built on steel stands, i think it would be fine for the I-beams, the only concern is choosing a high capacity wheels. cheers

Comment

Working...
        X