Rain protection for a Primavera 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain protection for a Primavera 70

I am a complete newbie with my Primavera 70 being installed in the next couple of weeks. The rainy season is beginning in the Northern California and I was wondering whether I need to cover the chimney or oven opening in order to avoid having water enter the cooking area.

I would if it were me. A tarp and or an Easy up tent will help a lot. Keep her covered until final installation and after during any long term wet spells.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Joe or aka Gulf also has made a storm door for his oven that sits flush with the outer opening to minimize water from entering the oven opening. I second, that you need the really need to protect the oven from rain during construction, especially the insulation.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I've found that using a bucket over the chimney stack helps when covering your oven with the tarp (much less apt to tear/rip at the top when you tie the tarp down tight). I'm assuming that you bought the stand with the Primavera, so extending the tarp down and securing it below oven platform would be pretty easy. Also, you'll want to think about acquiring a chimney cap with an ash/cinder screen for your chimney pipe. It would certainly provide some significant piece of mind... especially with all the fire issues we have had this last year. (It might even be a requirement this coming year.)
        Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
        Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
        Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
        Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Mike,

When you mentioned the "stand" it hit me that the Primavera is a completely assembled oven. If it is installed on a custom built base, this may not be relevant. If on the factory built stand it may be helpful.

I couldn't find one on the Forno Bravo site. It may be just me not getting the key words correct. But, a google search does show one hit for a snug fitting cover for the Primavera 70. It is advertised on the FireWalker Ovens site. It appears that they are a distributor for FornoBravo. I am going to alert Alex_FB in case FornoBravo's team has some other products or recommendations for keeping the Primavera dry while not in use.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Hey there sureshshan, Joe is correct. We do offer covers for our Primavera and Napolino ovens that overlap the oven and your entire stand. I'll provide a link in this post for ya. https://www.fornobravo.com/store/wat...a-napolino-70/

Comment

Working...
            X