Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parilla style brick BBQ design guidelines, schematics/plans and advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parilla style brick BBQ design guidelines, schematics/plans and advice?

I am conceptualising a backyard BBQ area, at the heard of which would be a central brick/masonary BBQ. I would like to use this bbq/housing for spit roasting (whole lamb/pig - up to 20kg), direct fire grilling and motorised skewer assembly. The three separate functions to be interchangeable - ie. not necessary need to run simultaneously.

The spit roast diameter is the dimension setting guideline as its the largest, and I have pencilled in the inner chamber needs to be ~1.8m long by ~0.7m deep (prior to firebrick lining) Height TBD based on design.

At the moment I am looking for design plans for a parilla or mediterranean style BBQ housing to be made from bricks/cement and steel/stainless steel combination

I need help with schematics/guidelines for chamber sizing, chimney/smoke exhaust design along with any other tires, tricks or resources you could point me to regarding any of these or design itself.

Further, I would like to be able to control the air flow to the charcoal (without choking down on the chimney) and have a clean convenient method of disposing of the burnt out charcoal during longer cooks like spit roasts.

Any help you could offer much appreciated!

Working...
X