All Vermiculite Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Vermiculite Oven

I have space to build a small oven what is the general opinion of using vermiculite to construct the entire oven?

Hi Mail Pouch,

Welcome to the forum. It depends on the actual interpretation of the question. All vermiculite (properly installed) for the insulation layers will definitely work. If you are proposing to build the oven chamber (which is highly recommended to be built from a dense masonry for heat retention) with a type of vermicrete, absolutely not. That is the general opinion that I have gleaned from several years studying this subject.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Hi,
      sorry to hijack does this mean the vermiculite and concrete domes people mild over the ball not a good idea?

Comment

The "all vermiculite and concrete" oven is not, in my opinion. It is a cute little video, and it is getting a lot of air time on the net, I admit. But, most folks who start out wanting a pizza oven soon graduate to wanting to do retained heat cooking (breads, roast etc). The all vermiculite and porlannd cement oven will not accomplish that. There have been a couple of threads recently on the subject if you care to look back a couple or so pages in the timeline. David S. has a very good answer to your question on your other thread. There are other alternatives as well. I would save the vermiculte and Portland cement for the insulation layer if it were me.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
        X