A 42" Pompeii Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 42" Pompeii Style

If I go with a 42" oven, what minimum size top slab does will it take to be sure I have enough room for that size oven?
    If I'm reading plans correctly, I should have 65" x 78" but is this bare minimum?
    Last edited by Saltycave; 05-22-2019, 08:25 AM.

Absolute "Bare minimum" for any size oven depends on several things. Will the oven be in an enclosure or will it be an igloo style. Thickness of the brick or cast. The thickness of insulation, Rendor (stucco). The depth of the entry including face brick (if any).
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I would have to agree with gulf. There are lots of ways to build things. It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Every version or modification has advantages and disadvantages that change the footprint. To know how big you need then just draw it out on paper and see what you need. Just remember you need 2 thickness of bricks, insulation and render or enclosure. I would start by deciding what style you want then cut the oven out of cardboard and see how it all fits together. That will tell you how much space you need.

Comment

Yeah for sure there are tons of ways to do things and Randy can agree with this, at work we will be doing a task with 5 guys you will get 5 different ways to do it all all achieving the same goal its just a road to how your going to get there. Plan Plan Plan and Layout so you are happy with the end result.
        My Build Pictures
        https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

Thank you all for the responses, yes, looking at it now, lots of variables.
          So in the mean time I made a larger oven landing? (I think its called)
          I'll post build threat so I can move on at this stage of the game.

Comment

Working...
          X