too much data... how to start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too much data... how to start...

I've had interest and thought of a pizza oven for a couple of years, but every time I start looking I get overwhelmed. I guess I want to push through that this round... there are a lot of variables that make it hard to find a starting point... but I love pizza, I love outdoor cooking, and I love fires.

- I'm fairly handy, but not a "finish" guy, more of a rough carpenter. I bit worried I'll get deep into this and my finish will look bad. makes me ponder a Bella, but my understanding is there are a lot of performance compromises compared to traditional brick oven, particularly in heat retention. I for sure like the styling of a brick oven dome, but the simplicity keeps this on the radar.

- I've seen threads from folk that incorporated an offset smoker into their pizza oven. I really like that idea, but it prevents me from buying one of the kits. I'm afraid a kit will be a stretch for my construction skills, building a design from scratch really scares me. Should I hold out and plan for dream scenario, or settle for kit?

- slab problems in my neighborhood, patio is cracked... would need new dedicated slab if build. Somewhat concerned about city inspection, chimney clearance issues, etc... my understanding is my city requires permit if I pour a new slab. Fixing old slab complicated due to footings for patio cover.

The first and third items above make me really consider a pre-bult unit that can be easily moved.... but I don't know how significant the compromises are....

Any advice? I'm in a place where I have some time for a project, but I have plenty of projects even without this....

Thanks for any thoughts.

Barry

Start with buying the eplans from Forno Bravo, they are a couple bucks and provide a good baseline for planning a WFO oven. There have been some attempts of combing a smoker and pizza oven but for the most part we do not hear back from these builders on how successful the combo is. My guess, they are not or we would of heard. Second go to the Newbie Section and under Treasure Archives, it show links to some of the more documented WFO builds.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
    X