Landing and arch(s) for 39" oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landing and arch(s) for 39" oven

Is there a formula or suggested depth for the landing beyond the opening of the oven? To make sure I am clear and using proper terminology I am referring to the opening beyond the oven diameter at the front (Obviously). I plan to two arches since I will include a chimney vent. So in the long run I am asking how far beyond the opening at the front do I extend bricks? If there is no real formula then I would need to know what at least would constitute a minimum. I just received my ceramic fiber board and I want to start cutting it while we don't have rain for the next few days. Thanks!

I was told minimum for the flue diameter. You can make it pretty much how deep you want but the longer the landing the harder it is to work the pizza and using the tools. I think I did 12" and I am happy with that.
    My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

I did about a brick and a half, which was recommended to me by a few folks here. I don't have any problem working pizzas or moving around pans and roasters. I wanted to build in a heat beak and thusly did not want my chimney sitting directly on the inner arch. If you set the chimney on the inner arch you can shorten the landing a little. I found the landing size one of the most perplexing things early in my build as you have to start your dome before you know exactly how much room you really need. I tried to document my vent build and have plenty more pictures if you need any. I can also take some measurements if you want. I had anticipated putting some face bricks against the front of the forward arch, but like the look of the fire brick so I ended up with a little extra hearth at the front of my oven.
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Chach - Thank you.

JRPizza - Thank you - You wrote: " I tried to document my vent build and have plenty more pictures if you need any. I can also take some measurements if you want. I had anticipated putting some face bricks against the front of the forward arch, but like the look of the fire brick so I ended up with a little extra hearth at the front of my oven. "

I would appreciate those photos as well as the measurements. Also, maybe you can tell me about the build of your vent (chimney) - the materials you chose and why and their dimensions.
        I imagine figuring out those cuts in the arch area and vent will be challenging.
        thanks,
        Lee

Comment

Working...
        X