Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone!

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself to this forum. I currently have my own child minding business and have a pizza oven in the garden. I am a big pizza enthusiast, if I do say so myself! The kids love pizza but particularly love fluffy pizzas - you know the sorts of things you get from the likes of Pizza Hut crust. Just wondering how I can stop my pizzas going less 'italian' like and more fluffy?
    Last edited by Gulf; 11-04-2020, 08:40 AM.

Hi Pheobe,

Welcome to the forum. Piizza Hut cooks their pizzas at a little lower temps than most wood fired ovens. You may want to let the floor cool a little more before cooking the pies. It's kind of like pancakes. The first one is not always the best. That said, I'm using this post as sort of a bump for your question. Pizza Hut was my introduction to pizza. I still like their product. However I'm not a pizza addict. So maybe someone who is a pro will respond to your question .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Hhaha! fabulous Gulf! I actually bought my very own pizza oven during lockdown - no more Pizza Hut Takeaways for me! or will there this next lockdown....
      Last edited by Gulf; 11-04-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Joe is right on about lower temps, do you have a IR thermometer so you can judge the floor temperatures? If you don't you can always do the flower test where you throw in a tablespoon or so and count how long it takes to burn. It will take a while but you can figure out the best cooking temp that way (I'd recommend the thermometer though). You can also try some different flours and or dough recipies to get different textured crusts. I used some pivetti flour that gave more of a crispy vs chewy crust, and I have found how long I let the dough rise before I make the pies changes how "fluffy" the pies are.
        Lastly, and you might already be doing this, is let the kids top their own pizzas (after you prepare the bottoms) and they will love the taste more!
        My build thread
        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Nice to know you
          Welcome to the community

Comment

Working...
          X