I have no idea where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea where to start

We recently moved to this home that has an outdoor grill/kitchen area. I would like to eventually remodel this area and build a pizza oven/smoker. I’m not even sure if I can properly build one in the space I have. I am fairly handy but I have zero masonry experience. I am open to all suggestions.

You could construct an oven on top of the existing slab to the left, no? If you wanted to you could then put a small smoke stove in the gap to the right, and lead a smoke pipe up and into the pizza oven from the below left. That would potentially give the dome a smoker option. But there's some questions related to that.

For instance, is the existing slap reinforced and the 'stand' strong enough to accommodate a heavy brick oven? Is it large enough? How big is the area? You could reverse engineer based on the existing size and estimate what the max size of dome would be you could put there.

If you combine with a brick or cast iron stove on the left, you would have to find a way to connect the smoke pipe/flue into the oven. I've seen a guy on youtube done exactly that, and it seemed to work. But I've read that dome oven shapes aren't the best for smokers, probably something related to the way the smoke travels..
    My build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ress-of-buildi

Comment

Working...
    X