internal height alteration of WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internal height alteration of WFO

hi , i need help for the lowering doen the internal height on my Wood fired oven as i am getting inconsistent heat, is there any way we can do that. Currently the internal height in 34"-36". the temperature drops pretty quickly, and i strongly feel the height is a major issue. Kindly let me know if there is a solution to that

What is the diameter of your oven? Pics would help. How did you insulate under the floor? Is there insulation under the dome walls? What about dome insulation. Is moisture getting in?. All these items are factor that could affect oven performance.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I was wondering about diameter as well! 34" interior height is pretty extreme, twice what an average oven height is. For example, mine is 39" diameter and 18-19 inch height. So if it is really that high I could see it causing issues. You could potentially build up the floor with more insulation/bricks - but that also depends on your door height
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
        What is the diameter of your oven? Pics would help. How did you insulate under the floor? Is there insulation under the dome walls? What about dome insulation. Is moisture getting in?. All these items are factor that could affect oven performance.
        thanks for the reply, the diameter internal measurement is 34", door size is 21" x 14" inches and the internal dome height is 27".yes we have insulation under the dome wall, no moisture is coming inside
        Last edited by Gary270; 04-21-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
          I was wondering about diameter as well! 34" interior height is pretty extreme, twice what an average oven height is. For example, mine is 39" diameter and 18-19 inch height. So if it is really that high I could see it causing issues. You could potentially build up the floor with more insulation/bricks - but that also depends on your door height
          thanks, ya i know most defiantly its the height that casing the issue the door size is 21" x 14" inches and the internal dome height is 27"
          Last edited by Gary270; 04-21-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X