Difference in insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in insulation

Hello. A search here on insulation yields 50 billion hits, and so I can't easily find the info I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if someone has the quick and dirty differences in insulation between ceramic fiber board, calcium silicate board, or other boards like aluminum silicate. I see people recommend calcium silicate, but they don't say why.

I'm not building a pizza oven, but I do want to enclose a small kiln of up to 1700F and want the most insulative material possible.

Thanks.

You need to narrow your search. Try "Industial insulation (near me or city and state)" You can do the same with "ceramic fiber" or "calcium silicate" (insulation). For pizza oven temps, ceramic fiber board and calcium silicate board are interchangable. It just boils down to price and availabity. For a kiln david s is the go to guy for that info. If my link doesn't work he will still probably see this post.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
    X