Crayon on firebrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crayon on firebrick

Hi guys! First post here, pizza oven newbie! When putting down my base of firebrick, I decided to mark numbers on them with crayon before I took it apart and put them on permanently. That way, I could just take a picture and make it simple. Now, I’m stuck with crayon numbers all over my base, and I can’t get it off. Any ideas? I really didn’t think this through....

They will burn off imo.

EDIT: This is from the Crayola Crayon Site.

The basic ingredients contained in Crayola Crayons are paraffin wax and color pigment. The ingredients are the same for all Crayola Crayon colors, with some modifications in special effects crayons.......
    Last edited by Gulf; 09-28-2020, 07:13 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks for the reply gulf! I hope you’re right, but to be sure I’ll put a brick in a fire with some crayon and see how it lasts. Hopefully it won’t just melt and sink deeper into the brick!

Comment

lay a folded kitchen over the crayon mark and iron it. most of it will be absorbed by the towel, the rest will burn off.

Comment

Hugh, that is a great idea! Never would have thought of that

Comment

Working...
          X