Fist timer with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fist timer with pics

So I got my oven in last night. So excited I hooked up the gas and let it burn off for about 45 mins.....Today come home from work take out the dough fire up the grill with the gas and then wood with gas after 30 mins. About 45 mins after starting up got the pizzas ready go check temp 850 degrees Slide in pizza and hope for the best. I was pleased with the way they looked other then the shape. TIME TO EAT. YUCK. 1 way to much flour,,,,,,,, the sauce was not good flavor wise and I think the wood I put in there really should not have been the type wood I should have put in there....And I dont think I let the dough sit out long enough....Ok now everyone can pick on me go with the comments.

Not sure what kind of gas burner set up you have, but gas/wood can be a dangerous combination. The burner should be fitted with a flame failure device to prevent filling the hot chamber with unignited gas. Should this unignited gas get hot and then ignite, it can create an explosion. If in doubt get a qualified gas fitter to inspect your set up. There used to be a ban on discussion of home gas burners on this forum for that reason.
    Good looking pizza by the way.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
    X