Oven not retaining heat to next day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven not retaining heat to next day

I have a Casa 100 that I installed this summer. Overall super pleased with it (and with FornoBravo's installation support). But one thing I had fallen in love with the idea of was being able to cook over multiple days. Pizza day 1, bread day 2, maybe BBQ day 3. But my oven does not retain its heat that long.

If I fire to 900 the night before, the next morning is 300-350, and by afternoon is basically just above air temperature. The Casa has a 2 inch thick dome. While I did have more than half a blanket of insulation left when done (out of 3), I put a full 3 coatings on every part of the oven, which would be 3 inches all over. From the install videos, beyond this gives minimal benefit and I didn't have enough to quite do another full layer.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need an insulated oven door? Or is this normal unless you have a thicker dome or different design?

You will definately need an insulated door for retained heat cooking over multiple days imo.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I am assuming you used the standard FB 2" ceramic board (AiSi) under the floor. Plus 1 on insulated door.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

The floor is insulated. Never occurred to me to do the door. I'll look into where I can buy it. Any concern that food safeness or do I need to seal it well?

Comment

There is a thread on doors that will show you various design (some better than others). You do need to build a door that fully encapsulates the insulation so no food contact. I used leftover CaSi board with a 316 SS outer shell. Carbon steel, aluminum, copper have a much high heat transmission K value than SS, Wood is even better than SS but it limits when you can place on the oven opening. On a temp basis some have just block off the opening with fire brick.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
          X