Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much portland cement / clay/ lime/ sand did you use for your homebrew dome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much portland cement / clay/ lime/ sand did you use for your homebrew dome?

Hi everyone. If anyone here has made a dome around 38" in size, if you could let me know how much material you needed for your homebrew recipe, that would be great! I live in the middle of nowhere in Canada so it would basically be two days of driving to get my materials and then drive home on holiday time, so having a rough idea of what I need for the 3:1:1:1 mix would really help me out! The stuff I can't get locally is clay and fine sand. It looks like clay can be really expensive in my region, so I might co the castable refractory cement route, as I already have a few bags but not enough. If anyone could help me out with their own experience I would really appreciate it!

This might help. Have lost some info when converting to PDF file.
    Homebrew.pdf
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      This might help. Have lost some info when converting to PDF file.
      [ATTACH]n438129[/ATTACH]
      Thank you! Some great detailed information! So if I am reading this correctly it seems like a lot less material is needed than I had thought to cast a dome? Only 40kg of cement, 20kg of clay and 20kg of lime. That is surprising to me.

Comment

Of course, it would be really nice if some forum participant had made an Excel file where the diameter of the oven and other values could be entered and the volume of various constituent materials would come out at least approximately
        As a oven builder, you are otherwise forced to guess to a large extent with the risk of buying an unnecessary amount of material.

Comment

Found it!!

Comment

Working...
          X