To much smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To much smoke

Hi just got a pizza oven the other day, attempted to try it out last night, and went completely tits up, looked like I was having a bonfire in my garden,when the smoke did die down, I tried to stick the pizza in and it was sticking to the metal plate thing, after I scraped it off, left it in fr 2 mins tried to pull it out and all the bottom was still wet,so ended up giving up,can anyone give me some tips please TIA

Mike, folks are going to need a little information on your oven before they can offer any educated advice. It would be better not to post any commercial links so just a description and possibly brand/model and we can look it up for ourselves and see what help can be offered up.
    Are you following the manufacturer's recommendations for firing time and technique? Do you have a way to check temperature of your oven floor?
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Thanks for the reply the oven i have is this one

Mimiuo Outdoor Wood & Pellet-Fired Pizza Oven

the pellets I got are these ones
      GREEN HAVEN Premium Pizza Oven Wood Pellets

Last edited by Gulf; 09-05-2021, 03:11 AM. Reason: Removed Commercial Link

Comment

There is a group on facebook (Wood -Fired Ovens/Barbecues/Smokers). Some of those folks are into the light weight stainless steel pellet poopers. They may be able to help.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Gotta start somewhere

Comment

Yes. I agree. As this is primarily a wood fired forum. There are only a few variances from masonry and refractory construction and very little mention of pellets. Just trying to steer you to where I have seen more threads on the subject. I hope they can help. One note of caution should you decide to build a traditional style oven. Many members in that group promote building practices that are substandard. We get a lot of folks over here from there and other groups that are trying to rescue their oven building efforts.
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I’ve had smoke and temperature stability trouble with pellets in very humid conditions. Namely, keeping them in the porous bag they came in, in a non-air conditioned cabin in the American Midwest during the summer (very humid). I now keep them in a plastic container with a relatively sealed lid and hardly have any trouble at all.
              For whatever it’s worth, I’ve also had very good luck with Trager and Bear Mountain pellets.
              Last edited by cowolter; 10-16-2021, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X