Tradition or stainless ovens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradition or stainless ovens?

Hi, new to pizza ovens, but would like to add one to new outdoor kitchen that’s part of covered patio.

can someone help me understand pros and cons for traditional ovens vs the new stainless types? Eg Vesuvius vs Bella.

cheers!

David

Did you intend to type Forno Bravo's "Vesuvio" vs Bella?
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Doh autocorrect, yes!

thoughts?

Comment

I will attempt to respond to your question, though my experience is limited to brick ovens. Hopefully someone with experience with either oven will reply. I will also alert Alex_FB who will have experience with both ovens.

The Vesuvio has more thermal mass than the Bella. More thermal mass allows for longer retained heat cooking time before the oven cools down after the fire is out.. This allows the options of baking breads, slow roasts, etc. without a live fire in the oven. More thermal mass also means more weight. The Bella is light weight and extremely portable as compared to the Vesuvio. However, it will cool down a lot faster. So a live fire is required. The live fire limits the options somewhat, but if cooking pizza and portability is someone's only interest.

Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Alex_FB thoughts?

thanks for the response Gulf!

Comment

Originally posted by RedcoatD View Post
            can someone help me understand pros and cons for traditional ovens vs the new stainless types? Eg Vesuvius vs Bella.
            David
            I think Gulf has nailed the differences very well, but just to simplify it, the small modern design cooks pizza extremely well with very little effort. The more traditional ovens are far more versatile and capable of more than just pizza's.
            So the oven design really should match what you want to do with it and what you want from an oven and also the effort you need to build/install it
            It's very surprising toe Forno Bravo don't get more involved in these forums when people are looking for information on their products?

Comment

Pizzarotic I'm sure they would be happy to answer questions if you called them. They are very responsive.

Comment

My bad. I should have advised Forno Bravo's Contact Us page for this topic. Normally, Alex_FB or someone else with Forno Bravo will respond here on the forum when tagged. But, looking back at the dates of the original postings, it was during the holidays. This thread kind of got away from me too.

Comment

I see a lot of people posting questions with very few reply's or discussions. Most forums have a "New Posts" tab where members can see all recent posts, makes for an active community. Maybe I just missed it on here?

Comment

From the Forums (or Community) page look to the top right hand corner to see Newest Posts. It has a selection to "View All" That link is "https://community.fornobravo.com/search?r=72957941". You can copy that link and set it as your start page and save a couple of steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                      From the Forums (or Community) page look to the top right hand corner to see Newest Posts. It has a selection to "View All" That link is "https://community.fornobravo.com/search?r=72957941". You can copy that link and set it as your start page and save a couple of steps.
                      Found it, thanks. It's just not visible on the mobile site.

Comment

Working...
                      X