New build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build

Hi, Its winter in Canada minus 18 C, O F outside, and there's 25 cm or a foot of the white stuff on the ground. I am sitting by the fire working on the design of our future oven. It will fill an open cavity on one side of our covered deck the opening is about 72 inches wide. I want a 36 inch oven so will have considerable space to add insulation after the brick. I plan to build 2 ft tall walls, and install a 4 12 pitch roof to shed snow .On the dome do I want to put on two layers of insulation wired down and skim coated? Or would the insulation and then just poured in vermiculite to fill the whole cavity. Or could I save some money and just do a thick home made perlite and concrete layer of say four inches .Or could I just build the walls and fill the whole interior with loose perlite? I want the retained heat as we bake bread and look forward to being able to cook other things in the oven besides just pizza. I have been over and over the site and not seen any comment on this particular line of thought.
    thanks
    Bruce
Working...
X