Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK builders - planning permission/smoke control areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UK builders - planning permission/smoke control areas?

Neill, how tall is this contraption in the photos and roughly how far does it need to be inserted in the oven - close to the fire in the back?

It is a bit hard to judge for me because of the wide angle lens the photos were taken with.

The contraption looks like a very useful thing and I'll try to fabricate one - can't weld, but one can do wonders with screws ...

Thanks again,
    W.
    Last edited by Wlodek; 09-03-2008, 02:38 AM.
    "Carpe diem." - Fish of the Day (The Uxbridge English Dictionary)

Comment

Re: UK builders - planning permission/smoke control areas?

Hi Wlodek,
      the contraption was a test piece of 3mm steel plate with a few pieces of 40mm rectangular tube bolted through it. It was a scrap piece but I wanted it as wide as I could fit comfortably through the oven door. The 2 pieces of tube at the top of the picture can pivot which then directs the air that is sucked into the oven between the plate and the floor further around the fire and not just into the front of it. I found that when I lite the fire across the centre of the oven, the edges and the back don't burn anywhere near a s well as the front so this can/will direct more air around the oven floor depending on where you have the 'legs' adjusted
      The unit pictured is 26 x 15". To make it work a little better, try raising the height to say 4" off the floor rather than the 40mm that I currently have, (but hey, it seems to work well and gets the fire going quicker and hotter.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Working...
      X