Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch firebrick construction

Hello all!

I am finally able to start on my brick oven pizza journey and i have a question about the firebricks. My work has a rotary lime kiln and someone ordered the wrong style/shape of bricks and as a result they made the decision to dispose of multiple pallets of unused bricks. Long story short i have found myself in possession of about 500+ super duty bricks which are all arch shaped and they are about double the dimensions of your standard fire bricks. My question is this, if I want to build a dome style oven (which i do) would it be too difficult using all arch bricks and would i need to cut/break the bricks down to normal size? I have basically unlimited time so it would be feasible to mill the needed amount of bricks down to size.

I used surplus/new super duty bricks fron a steel mill. They were substantially larger and harder than "normal size" FB. No issue to use them but you don't want or need to cut down to normal size. Super duty are tough on diamond blades. U can see my build thread to see the various sizes i used.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Awesome, that’s exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Comment

Working...
      X