5” Stainless Chimney Pipe Source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5” Stainless Chimney Pipe Source?

Been planning a spring build for a cast 28” low dome oven. Have consolidated the great information on this site and have most of the plan figured out. Working on sourcing materials and can’t for the life of me find a 5” SS chimney pipe 24”-36” long. I see FB uses one in their smaller ovens but I am striking out.

Help!

Selkirk makes a double wall SS 5" ID chimney pipe. You can go to their website to see it, called HTTemp.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by WaterDog View Post
      Been planning a spring build for a cast 28” low dome oven. Have consolidated the great information on this site and have most of the plan figured out. Working on sourcing materials and can’t for the life of me find a 5” SS chimney pipe 24”-36” long. I see FB uses one in their smaller ovens but I am striking out.

Help!
      Two things.
      1. you can save yourself quite a bit by not using stainless for the outer casing. Because stainless is expensive and because the outer pipe has no flame impingement, a galvanised or coated 9we call it Colourbond here in Australia) will suffice.
      2. Unless your oven is really small a 5' diameter inner pipe is too small and likely to lead to smoke issues. A 5" pipe is ok for ovens up to 28" internal diameter, or equivalent oven volume if departing from a hemisphere.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thank you both. Planning on a 28 interior so pretty sure 5” should work. Was hoping for a single wall but if I have to go double I will make the adjustment to the gallery plan.

Most of my education in this forum is thanks to both of you and I can’t thank you enough. David, I’m planning on a high funnel cast gallery similar to yours so I believe the draw will be sufficient.
        Last edited by WaterDog; 01-17-2024, 05:40 PM.

Comment

A double flue is only required if the flue penetrates a roof. For draw the primary driver is diameter, but iy can also be increased by extra height of the pipe.

Comment

Thanks, David. No roof to contend with. Any issue upsizing to 6” diam? Easier to find as single wall here.

Comment

If it were mine I’d be going with a 6” single wall.

Comment

Cool. that’s what I’ll do. Thanks, david s

Comment

Just to be clear, with a single wall, it needs to be SS and not galv.
                  Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 01-19-2024, 09:14 AM.
                  Russell
                  Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Understood. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X