Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Shipping to Asia

Hi James,

I'm seriously into this WFO that I want to build. Most of the resources/materials can be found in hardware stores and specialty stores but I'm finding it hard to find suppliers for FB blankets/panels or their equivalent. In addition, I want to purchase those professional lightweight peels and maintenance tools for the oven from Forno Bravo. How much would shipping them to the Philippines cost? Will it be cost-effective or will it be cheaper to have them fabricated here instead? With regards to the insulation what kind of companies am I looking for? It's so hard to locate these kind of companies/suppliers cause they are not property listed or not listed at all. I hope Forno Bravo has some affiliates here in southeast asia from which I can purchase materials.

Any leads and tips to reliable suppliers in my area will be greatly appreciated.

Raffy
    sigpic

Raffy's WFO Build Thread
    WFO Build Pics (Picasa)
    Add me on Facebook (write FornoBravo in the message)

Re: Cost of Shipping to Asia

That depends on what the pirates off of Asia want for the ship.

Sorrry, no clue. A couple of other PI ovens on this forum were built from local materials. That's what I would recommend doing.
    G.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Haven't explored the forums that much yet. I didn't know there were some forum members from the PI who built their own WFO. Thanks for the update. Can you direct me to their threads?

Thanks for the reply

Raffy
      sigpic

Raffy's WFO Build Thread
      WFO Build Pics (Picasa)

Comment

Hey Raffy,

Keep exploring the Forum -- there are other builders in the Philippines who found the materials locally. That is definitely the best way to go.

Let us know how it goes.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I have good leads on perlite but I prefer vermiculite. Still researching on vermiculite suppliers and making sure that they provide it 100% asbestos free. But to be honest I would really like to use FB blankets and boards for insulation. I'll really have to burn the phone lines to find these companies. Not many businesses put out a website so potential clients can find them.

For those in the Philippines heres a supplier of perlite

http://www.unitedperlite.net/

Thanks, James.
          Last edited by Raffy; 12-11-2008, 08:54 PM.
          sigpic

Raffy's WFO Build Thread
          WFO Build Pics (Picasa)

Comment

Working...
          X