Heat Stop 50 close to San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Stop 50 close to San Diego

Hey all I'm trying to locate all my materials before I start this endeavor. Refmix to SD is $100 just to ship. I thought about driving up until I found out it is 500+ miles(more than $100 in diesel) So does anyone know of a refractory mortar somewhat close?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by mikeye15; 12-13-2008, 08:13 PM.

Re: Heat Stop 50 close to San Diego

Mike,

Be sure to call Forno Bravo to get an accurate shipping cost before giving up.

If that strikes out, call a few local refractory places and brick stores and see if they will get HeatStop 50 for you. A local brick yard in my area ordered it for me at $70-$80 a bag. It's expensive, but you will only need 2-3 bags. INSIST that they order HeatStop 50 (dry, 50lb bags). A lot of places will try to sell you the wrong stuff.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Thanks I'll try that. The shipping came from the FB store site.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeye15 View Post
        Thanks I'll try that. The shipping came from the FB store site.
        The shipping calculator on the website is inaccurate; but the customer service on the phone is really great so it sort of balances out .
        Ken H. - Kentucky
        42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
        Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Hi Guys,

We've worked hard to configure the FB Store to return accurate shipping costs -- it now gets live quotes from FedEx. I just checked and we can ship three bags of Refmix to San Diego (92122) for $49. It does go up with each additional bag.

Our basic business model is that we try to charge a fair and market-based price for our products, and we charge FedEx shipping at our actual cost. FedEx Home Delivery is typically the best option for heavier items, such as Refmix, FB Board/Blanket, or larger items, such as pizza peels and oven tools.

I hope this is helpful -- we had to do a few special things to make the FB Store work correctly for some of our items, because their size/weight used to confuse the FedEx shipping system, but I think it's accurate now.

If anything ever looks wrong, you should definitely call the showroom -- 800-407-5119. Tammy, Marina and the rest are seriously helpful! :-)

James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I just found a place in San Diego that does a lot of fireplace work. Squires-Belt Material Company | Home Page
            They sell RHI Sairbond "Dry Mortar" 55# bags for $33.
            The attached spec sheet says it is for furnaces.
            Does this look like a good match to you?

I am in East Lake Chula Vista. Built my stand and trying to decide between buying a casa 110 or going pompeii.
            Attached Files
            Greg Geisen
            Chula Vista, CA

Click to see my Thread:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/g...iego-6169.html

Click to see Google web album:
            http://picasaweb.google.com/gpgeisen...eat=directlink

Comment

I have three or four bags of RefMix [from the Forno Bravo store] left over from my Casa 110 build. I would be willing to meet in Oceanside if you want these at $33.00 a bag.

J W

Comment

JW
                Highly interested. Very kind of you to meet me half way. Do you have any plans to head down this way, don't want you to make a special trip. Thanks.
                Greg.
                Greg Geisen
                Chula Vista, CA

Click to see my Thread:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/g...iego-6169.html

Click to see Google web album:
                http://picasaweb.google.com/gpgeisen...eat=directlink

Comment

Working...
                X