Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added Home Value??

Hello

Does anyone have a sense at to if a backyard wood fired pizza oven adds/detracks from home re-sell values? Assuming in the USA. I'm assuming it adds value but I would be interested in hear if anyone can confirm this and what percentage or dollar amount do you think it effects the re-sell value.

Not that it will effect my decision to build, besides I've already started and I'm not stopping now.

Originally posted by firepie
    Not that it will effect my decision to build, besides I've already started and I'm not stopping now.
    I love that attitude!

My take on that is it will add value, but it is all but impossible to arrive at a dollar value. I could just see a VISA commercial addressing that....."Wood fired oven in your back yard.....PRICELESS."

With items like your future oven, upper end landscaping, or even architectural details you may not get your investment back. Those items should however bring emotion to the potential buyer. An emotional buyer is a good buyer!

Consider this, two houses in the same neighborhood, same relative size, age, style etc and same price, but one has a killer backyard with a wood fired oven included. Which will be more likely to sell first? Who's stays on the market longer costing the seller additional mortgage payments not to mention the stress of selling a property.

Enjoy the oven!

Comment

We had this discussion last November ? the return seemed to go from 0 to 5X your investment.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

its a moot point. no one who builds an oven ever sells their home... never ... ever ...
        my site for our pompeii and tandoor ovens
        www.killdawabbit.com

Comment

There is nothing like the smell of freshly backed bread

to sell a house, this is where the subconscience kicks in and the brains slide down into your belly

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Musa
            its a moot point. no one who builds an oven ever sells their home... never ... ever ...
            Then there's that too!

Originally posted by Les
            We had this discussion last November ? the return seemed to go from 0 to 5X your investment.
            Can you point us in the direction of that thread?

Comment

value of oven to property - If you can't find it on the board, go to my profile and select all the posts by me, it's the 6th one down.

Les...
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                Then there's that too!

Can you point us in the direction of that thread?

try here

and now the message is at least 10 characters long thus satisfying the forum software such that it will allow me to post...
                my site for our pompeii and tandoor ovens
                www.killdawabbit.com

Comment

Value

Just like a swimming pool or anything that is an addition to the exterior yard. It all depends on the home-buyer. I am looking for a place now and I would love to find a pool and a outdoor kitchen (with brick oven) already in my yard and I'm only 30. So... if you have a young couple that likes to cook. I can see it only bringing you more $$$$.

These ovens aren't a week-end warrior project, ,so people will welcome it.

J

Comment

Working...
                  X