After a couple of years of dreaming and procrastinating, I've finally started my oven project. I have the floor and first two chains of bricks laid, and am using tapered bricks for the dome.

I have a couple of questions about the oven opening design. My brick supplier has tapered bricks of different sizes, and helped me piece together an arch for my the opening. My oven is 44" internal diameter, and will have a 20" wide opening, with a height in the middle of 12" (using specs I've seen on the forum and in the FB PDF). Most of the pictures I've seen of other people's ovens show straight sides for the opening with a gradual arch on the top. But with my tapered bricks, I'll get a pretty even arch starting from the 2nd row of bricks. My question is does anyone see a problem with a full arch for the opening? I don't think I'll have any problem getting a peel and pizzas in and out, given the 20 inches that go from floor height to about 5 inches up, and I imagine I can get a turkey in through the center at 12". But should I go for a more traditional opening design? Any reason why most have straight sides for the first 5 or 6 bricks?

Thanks! I'll post pictures soon.