Portable pizza oven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable pizza oven?

I'm looking for advice on building a pizza oven on a trailer base to make it portable. The idea would be to travel to festivals, private parties, etc to bake and sell pizzas. Does anyone have any experience or advice in this area? TIA..

Re: Portable pizza oven?

Hi there,
    You should check out http://www.thefirewithin.biz/Home.html
    They manufacture cart ovens.

They also sell a book in the fornobravo store with everything you should need to know.

cheers,
    Mitch.
    -------------------------------------------
    My 2nd Build:
    Is here

Comment

Thanks Mitch- I had actually found them after posting the query, and they look like the answer to all my questions!
      It's exciting to find that my idea is actually feasible and working well enough to support their business and construction of ovens for others! Makes me think I might be on the right track...

Comment

I use my little portable oven to cater for up to 30 people. Photos somewhere in photo gallery - finished photos. It's small enough to roll on and off the trailer by myself.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David- it looks really neat. What did you use for the platform, and how much does the entire oven weigh? Which model are you using? Is this restricted to catering or do you also use it on the steel stand when not on the truck bed? I love the flames!
          Nancy

Comment

I agree with Mitch, get with Joseph from thefirewithin
            I got an oven from him and he is a great resource

Comment

Nancy,
              The oven is built on a hebel (aerated reinforced concrete) base. I tried to make the oven as light as I could, it weighs 160 kg but still performs well. I have a permanent and heavier one of the same size for home use and just roll the portable on and off the trailer for catering or hire as I need it, leaving the trailer free for other important jobs like taking stuff to the tip.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
              X