Just Saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Saying hello

Hi everyone. I'm an east coast BBQ'er and Kayak Fishing Enthusiast. Have several BBQ pits and a ceramic egg I use for bread and pizza. Just signing up to see about the oven and what is involved. Scott
    BBQ and Kayak Fishing Enthusiast

Re: Just Saying hello

Welcome aboard.

I know that some of our builders have also used the Green Egg, and you can definitely do things in a wood oven that you can't do in the BGE.

Real some of the threads and feel free to ask lots of questions.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Doing tons of reading already....now where can I put this.....

Comment

Hey Scott! Welcome. While you think about where you are going to put your oven, why don't you tell us what kind of fish your catching from your yak?
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Thanks for asking! Just got back from 10 days in the everglades kayakfishing. Spent a few days camping in the everglades national park. Will try to add a photo.... Mostly redfish this trip, but usually sea trout, snook, reds, blues, stripers, tarpon, sharks, what ever where ever I am.
          Scott

Comment

Beauty! That looks like its over the legal size limit, or at least very close to it. Blackened Redfish! Now that's a great meal. I wonder how it would come out baked in a WFO?

Where's your fly rod???
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

A solid 26-27 inch fish, it was fantastic redfish ceviche. Fly rod....ummmm.....fairy wand??? Actually do very little of it. Have it, rarely use it though. Scott

Comment

I have done a bunch of Kayaking and Canoeing and camping down in the Everglades (I grew up in Miami). I love it down there. Here are a few pics from the last time I got down there...many years ago.
                My Oven Thread:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Which Chickee is that? It's amazing how big some of the bays back towards the huston bay are. I'd be lost in minutes. Here is the link to my trip last month. http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/o...view=slideshow I'm the chubby sunburned one I love the country down there. Scott

Comment

Pretty sure that shot is Hell's Bay. I have also gone out of Everglades city and stayed at Sunday Bay (just north of Huston bay) and Rabbit Key (had a hell of a storm one night on Rabbit Key...). I would love to go down again for a long trip. You just have to time it right so that you don't get carried away by the bugs. We started out renting Canoes, but Kayaks are sooo much better out there...It means we cannot load up a cooler of beer, so we just switched over to rum...

Love the pictures. I saw the Gator tent in your picutres, are you a Gator? I am (and was Albert during basketball season in 1987).

Those pictures make me want to go down there again!

Here is a link to a pdf map of the everglades if anyone wants to check it out.
                    http://www.nps.gov/hfc/carto/PDF/EVERmap1.pdf

Drake
                    Last edited by DrakeRemoray; 03-20-2009, 09:42 AM.
                    My Oven Thread:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Not a gator fan, although could be, that was friend of mines canopy. I did 150 pounds of pulled pork to take down with me for a BBQ gathering. That is indian key wehere we had a paddle in. about 50ish people showed up. Served fresh conch chowder and brats, water, cookies. That evening we had a BBQ at JT's, my sign was out fornt, the Oh It'z BBQ sign. My friend has a charter service down there that is excellent. he can ferry you and your stuff out (cooler of beer) and pick you up. He has a couple of carolina skiffs that will hold 6-8 yaks. Charles Wright of Everglades Kayak fishing and tours. Good guy, highly recommend him for anyone wanting to learn/explore the everglades. Take the family down every year or so just to paddle around. Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X