Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Surace Bonding Cement***

Hello All,
    I just stucco'ed my base with the quickrete surface bonding cement. Got to say was really easy to work with and left a nice finish.. Not sure how to describe it, Kinda smooth, with charachter. My question is this, they dont say anything on the bag, But i would like to put a second coat on to build up some low spots, (they didndt say on their website either). Can i Put another coat on ?

Question 2, Do you think it would be safe to use on the dome over the Vermicrete as it has fiberglass strands in it. They are there and prevent cracking according to the manufacturer, I am only worried about whatever residual heat will do to them. If Anything ?

So if anyone has any comments or exxperience with this I would appreciate your input

Thanks, Mark

Re: ***Surace Bonding Cement***

Here is a Pic
    Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

my oven's outside never gets hotter than what sitting in the sun does to it. I haven't ever noticed it being hot (or even warm, for that matter) when I fire the oven. Even the front where the arch is and the insulation is thinnest never gets hotter than I can touch. I wouldn't think, if those things are true for your oven, that it would be a problem.

Mind you, when you're curing your oven, as it dries out, you'll have spots that get hot from moisture being driven out. Once it's gone, you shouldn't have that anymore. Is your oven all dried out? You don't want to seal it up until it is.
      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

oven (vermicrete) on top has been drying about 7 days, I think i will light my first small fire wednesday night after work.. I thougt i will wait about 3 weeks after that to stucco the top part.

Comment

to any who are interested,

I called quickrete today and they said it should be fine to use on top of the vermicrete thats over the dome...

Comment

Working...
          X