Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Want to build one of these ovens for backyard family get togethers where do I start? Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Hello

Greetings, I'm in the process of building a 36" pompeii in my small city yard, the biggest decision for me was where to put it and how big could it be.

If you haven't already read the plans, look here:

Brick Oven Plans | Build an Italian Brick Oven

This is a great overview of what's involved, also take a look at some of the oven construction threads, and take advantage of the forum "search" function, you're sure to have lots of decisions to make along the way, and you'll see how each oven is unique.

I never would have attempted this without the forum and all of the great people here who are ready to share what they have learned,

good luck,

Doug

Comment

In addition to the plans, there are a few builders in your area that should be able to steer you in the right direction for material. If you want to avoid all the shopping, James is offering pretty much all you need in one package.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/8/fb...it-6747-2.html

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Having recently sourced out materials in the Phoenix area for my oven, I can tell you that James' kit price is *extremely* competitive. I would have gone that route had it been available when I was building. If you'd like I'm happy to share the local resources I found. I concentrated on east valley suppliers, but bought some of my materials from Phoenix sources that wouldn't be too far from you.
        Nikki

Comment

Dougrappe Thank you have downloaded the plans. I have to take some time and study them. In the meantime I will continue on this site looking @ ovens, asking alot of questions. Seems like a good forum with alot of info and alot of nice people to share information with.
          Always; in advance, Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X