Smoke in Primavera Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke in Primavera Oven

Ok so very new here and brand new owner of a Primavera oven. I'm in the process of curing the oven and I built a fire for the first time. I noticed a considerable amount of smoke when i moved the fire to the right. Is that normal?

Re: Smoke in Primavera Oven

Hey coolpizza,

Not to worry. We use grease as part of the molding process, and sometimes a little bit of it doesn't come off with the cleaner. It will burn right off and you won't see it again.

Have fun!
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Smoke in Primavera Oven

Originally posted by james View Post
      Hey coolpizza,

Not to worry. We use grease as part of the molding process, and sometimes a little bit of it doesn't come off with the cleaner. It will burn right off and you won't see it again.

Have fun!
      James
      I noticed a lot of smoke in my Primavera 70 while I cure, also. It has pretty well stained the front edge and I also notices a strange wet, greasy sort of leakage on the left side edge of the entrance. I imagine this is what you mean?

Also, as I look at the hole to the vent, it seems smaller than I would expect, as if a lot of casting material was sort of left behind. Should that be perhaps carefully chipped out?

Comment

Working...
      X