Starting Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Up

I am new to the Forno Bravo community. I moved to the Jersey Shore two years ago. This is where I had TRUE Brick-Oven Pizza at a place in Bradley Beach, and a few places up in NYC. They used coal...it was a new experience for me, and never want to have an electric oven cook a pizza again.

To make a long story short, I have had enough corporate ladder, and am ready to work for myself...then I stumbled upon a Maxey, MOBILE wood-fired pizza oven at an event. I'm in.

As I am familiarizing myself with finances, legal issues, marketing and other aspects of the business, I can see where if done right...it can't fail.

The obvious questions to starting a mobile vending/catering pizza business are: (I plan to start out mostly at events and grow clients to make it into the catering side.) Ultimately, I want to do Events AND Catering.

1) What oven to buy (I like the Concessionaire)
    2) What to use for refrigeration?
    3) WHAT VEHICLE TO TOW? Truck/Cargo Van/SUV? don't want traditional "carnival vending vehicle" 3500lbs.
    4) Where to get food supplies (I plan to attend events in multiple states)
    5) What kind of license does the trailer/oven require? I get the run-around from different insurance agencies.
    6) Legal issues to burn/health. Again, this will vary, but the main problems will be health codes and in some places like CA, they are concerned about fire safety, there is the sink issue, and I rent an apartment right now. Any Tips/Hints?

Thanks!
Working...
X