Resource for firebrick in Houston, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource for firebrick in Houston, TX

Just started working on my oven and am looking for suppliers of all the various materials needed to construct it. So far I have been able to source most of the stuff from good 'ole Home Depot. I'm having problems finding a supplier of medium duty firebrick though, here in the Houston (TX) area. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance and any advice offered is much appreciated.

Re: Resource for firebrick in Houston, TX

Hi,

I'm in The Woodlands and found fire brick at Boral Brick. I bought the rock for facing my oven there also, they were clearing out overstock stuff and it was half off, I just happened to ask if they ever had damaged or returned stuff and they showed me a list of things they had reduced.
    I used 6" clay pipe for my flue, I still have some if you want to come by and pick it up.
    For the ceramic fiber blanket I bought it at Delta Refractories DELTA REFRACTORIES, INC.
    they have ceramic board also but I got a better price at Refractories Incorporated Refractories Incorporated also Refractories Incorporated has a great price on air dry refractory mortar.

Always ask if they have an opened case of something, they had a case of ceramic board missing one panel and they sold it for 30% off.

Doug

Comment

Doug,

Thanks so much for all the great information - very much appreciated.
      I am fabricating my vent hood and chimney out of sheet metal, but thank you very much for the offer of the clay pipe anyway.

Thanks again,
      Roy

Comment

I bought mine from two different brick yards in Houston there are a good one on 249 I will look up the name a post it later. I bought some recycled brick there also for the front it looks great. What are you going to finish the front with? I will post the brick yards name ASAP I use my oven every week some times twice.

Comment

Hi guys i live in west houston and just completed my oven project. I have a harbor freight 10 inch tile brick saw. Planning to sell it. Let me know if anybody like to buy it.

Comment

Hey Gang,

Are those brick and refractory places still viable? I may be helping a friend down in Brazoria County with an oven in the near future. Which one has the best prices? How about fire clay? Yeah, I know - too many questions.

Chris
            Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

I just finished my 36" oven. Bought my bricks from able refractory which is in east i10. Each brick cost me $2.15. Very good bricks. Seller gave me left over blankets from a job. They have so many left over pieces of ceramic blankets. I am sure if you buy the bricks he will gave it to you for free. Ceramic boards are 20 dollars a piece. They are 1' by 3'.
              I have left over fireclay lime and portland cement if you like you can pick it up for free. I also have a banjo burner setup which is important to cure your oven. That setup i can sell you for 30 bucks. Also i have 10" brick saw which i bought for 250 and i have blade also. I can let it go for 150 bucks.
              Let me know.

Comment

Ilkay,

Thanks for the heads up! If the project is a go, I will be contacting you. The banjo burner is a great idea for longer controlled burns that is for sure!!!

Should know in the next few weeks what is up.

Chris
                Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Ilkay,
                  What is banjo burner. I am looking to cure my p60 and would be interested in buying yours. I am in woodlands.

Thanks
                  Asif

Comment

Hey Asif,

Banjo burner is normally used on turkey fryers and shrimp boiller. Check bayou classics. You can buy mine or buy ine from academy. But the important part is not the burner only. You need to gather flare fittings and at least 3 or 4 feet black gas pipe. A propane tankwith regulator. Like i said you can do one for your self or i can sell you my setup just below the cost. Took me a week to gather the infor and parts. I highly recommend this type curing. I have no cracks on my oven. Let me know.

Comment

Ilkay,

Thanks for the info. I am definately interested in buying yours. I do have propane tank with regulator that i use on my patio heater. Let me know how we can discuss this.

Thanks,
                      Asif

Comment

My email is ilkaydarilmaz@gmail.com. Email me with contact details.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X