commercial use of oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commercial use of oven

Are the ovens that you give plans on able to stand up to a daily use of around 12 hours a day?

The right fundamental design

The Pompeii Oven that people are building in their back garden is fundamentally a scaled down version of the oven you see in Italian pizzerias. To make a commercial version, you would need to make it larger, and insulate the heck out of it. I would also recommend that you use only true refractory mortar in the installation.

A typical commerical oven has a 4" thick dome, and 2"-3" thick floor. The smallest commercial oven is about 48" and the largest is about 72".

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

plans

Thanks for the information, do you have plans that size? I am a master mason, I have been in the masonry business for 30 years, so I am able to build just about anything.

Comment

I think you are on your own with the larger oven. That isn't to say it won't work, but more that there isn't a lot of large brick oven building experience within our group. Forno Bravo sells commerical precast ovens that are great -- in fact our producer sells about 50% residential ovens and 50% commerical ovens in Europe. I have walked into various restaurants over the years and have seen one of our ovens sitting there cooking away.

But the structural aspects of a larger site-built brick dome are something I don't have experience with.

If you are thinking about going ahead with the project, I still think that this forum is probably the best resource out there to help you work through issues.

Glass half full?
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Are you wanting to build an oven that is going to be used in a commercial enterprise? If so contact us with your requirements

Alf
          http://www.fornobravo.co.uk/index.html

Comment

commercial use

Yes we will be building for commercial use. Do you have any information that would be of use??

Comment

Working...
            X