door size question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door size question?

Hi all, would making the door slightly larger have much effect on the preformance of the oven? 2" or 3" wider would be great if the loss of heat was minimal. I also had a thought of a removable firebrick, maybe a 1" wide one on each side of the entrance to the oven. Any and all advice would be welcomed.

Re: door size question?

I'm sure you could make is slightly wider, but remember the pompeii plans have been tried and refined so I'd be wary of increasing it much. The normal size door already taked a huge chunk out of the circle. Why do you need it larger? I don't find the standard size any hinderance.

Comment

Hey Tex, I asked the question before I had looked around the site a bit. I also did a dry layout and it just looked small, I've decide to stick with 11.5 high and 18 wide, the arch lays out nice. any thought on the outer arch being slightly lower? Some have said it smokes less. Also footings and stand are done I'll post some pix tonight.
      Thanks
      John

Comment

The height is the critical dimension = 63 % of inside dome height. The width is not as critical.

Comment

Working...
        X