Where can I find Fibre Board In Perth WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find Fibre Board In Perth WA

G'day Builders, currently pouring the support slab and am looking for some of the insulating fibre board mentioned in the products section, does anyone know where I can get some of this board in Perth - Western Australia.

I do not really want to do the vermiculite insulation layer, the fibre board insulation looks to be a much easier & stable platform to insulate the hearth.

Cheers

Re: Where can I find Fibre Board In Perth WA

I wouldnt' worry to much if you can't get the fiberboard. Many have problems getting the fiberboard down flat anyway. The vermiculite or perlite concrete is super easy to mix and pour and cures to be pleanly strong enough to support the brick dome. You just need more inches to get the same insulating factor.

Comment

Re: Where can I find Fibre Board In Perth WA

Cheers Mate, tried finding suitable board but gave up and purchased 100lt vermiculite and 100Lt Pearlite, mixed together with cement and poured the insulating slab mid week. Perfect result and laid the firebrick hearth on Friday. Spent the last two days with a lot of limestone blocks,ropes,pulleys and sheer muscle lifting the 250 KG single piece refractory dome into place. Man that was a mission in itself, anyway, job completed and now enjoying sopme well deserved corona's !!

Comment

Working...
      X