Planning Challenges - Need Help - Pompeii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Challenges - Need Help - Pompeii

I'm looking to build my first brick oven using the Pompeii model, but I have a number of restrictions/limiting factors that I could use some help:

(1) I'd like to build a 36" Pompeii as part of a 44"+/- wide and 8'-9' long BBQ island that will back up to my wooden perimeter fence.

(2) My biggest challenge is the recommeded size of the foundation (67" x 78") and block stand (59" x 90") is huge (IMHO) and more than the space I have. My space between my fence and patio cover post is 79" (70" to the post foundation. Is there any practical way to reduce the total size of oven (and the related foundation and block stand) and still maintain 36" interior diameter? My desired capacity is two(2) 15" pizzas (realistic? BTW - I won't go to refractory material, I want FB).

(3) I have a very tight budget and looking to spend maybe $1,000. I'd like to buy from Forno Bravo, but with freight it would be $2,000+ all-in (out of my budget). So I may have to just buy some of the components. I thought I saw a thread about making homemade FB, but couldn't find it a second time. I can buy MFB from the local brick yard for $1.47.

If all of this is too much and not do-able, I suppose I could move the oven project to the corner of the yard and set it up in a 45 degree angle.

I've read many threads and know you guys are pretty creative so I hoping for some good solutions.
Working...
X