X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fireplace and pizza oven combo

fireplace and pizza oven combo
    why would one not just use the pizza oven as your fireplace
    does it not gve out a lot of heat through the front door?

It is warm directly in front of the door opening from radiant heat, but the door opening is elevated to about mid chest level to prevent back pain while baking. Your toes would be vey cold if you use it as a fireplace .

Comment

fireplace

I have seen some photos of lower than average ovens intended to function partially as a fire place.

I don't yet have an oven to compare, but I like the firepit we have adjacent to the where the oven will soon be.

I have a 90 degree counter tops on either side of the oven planned so that some of us can pull some barstools up around the oven and sip a glass of wine and get a little heat in the cold evenings ahead.

It looks like most of the oven designs I've seen have pretty hearty entrance/chimneys - I wonder if many folks pull the fire to the entry way and use it as a fireplace?

Christo
      My oven progress -
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
      sigpic

Comment

We've pulled the coals to the entry once to give my kids a chance to make smores (note to others, keep molten marshmallows away from your pride and joy). Even then it did not give out heat anything like a fireplace. I'm planning a separate fireplace on my patio to extend the season. If you are tending pizza in the oven you can warm yourself, but the oven opening is designed to keep heat in the oven - I cannot imagine more than 2 people huddled right at the opening could benefit.

Comment

Keeping the firepit

Thanks Maver,

I'll make sure I keep the firepit in my plans.

Christo
          My oven progress -
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X