Alice Waters cooking in her wood fired oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice Waters cooking in her wood fired oven

Happened across this video of Alice Waters, famed owner of Chez Panisse and slow food advocate. She's making a breakfast of the simplest, most gorgeous dish of tomatoes and eggs. Check out how she cooks her egg, very cool. I imagine having this breakfast on a big cooking day when the first fires are lit to start heating up the oven.

YouTube - Alice's Restaurant

Re: Alice Waters cooking in her wood fired oven

Loved that.....Went to college about 5 blocks from her restaurant in Berkeley, been there many times. I would have never thought of cooking an egg that way. But always cook eggs in evoo.
    Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Sooo jealous. Chez Panisse and the French Laundry are two places in America I really really really want to eat at, living down the street from the place would be heaven.

Comment

I suggest adding Alinea (Chicago) to your list md. Ate there Saturday night and it totally redefined "dining". Amazing - from opening the front door until the very end. A magical evening!

Comment

I'll add that one, I make it to Chicago every so often. And I forgot Minibar in D.C. That might be the highest on the list right now.

Comment

Working...
          X