High Hydration Dough video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High Hydration Dough video

So, what is your WFO temp. and cook time for a 16 inch pizza?

Phil

Comment

I like it at about 800 on the walls 700 on the floor. I usually do a couple Neopolitan style first then cook NY style.

Comment

Thx Tscar

gene

Comment

So I used the FB recipe and Caputo 00 flour and followed Scars technique (more or less). I used the KA for 3-4 mins to mix all ingredients (100% of flour, salt and yeast) - dough temp 75. Autolyze for 30-40mins. 4 folds, ball it and let rise on the counter for 2 hrs. I got about a 50% rise (it didnt double). Cut into 240g+ portions, fold 4 times and ball it - it was silky, smooth and very slack. Into the dough trays and refrigerate. here are the balls after 48 hrs - they have increased about 50-75% - I need to cut the yeast back more than I did. I plan to use them at 72 hrs..hopefully they dont overproof..and I am hoping that I get some gluten build up during this 3 day retard.

Comment

Oh you will, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
              Oh you will, for sure.
              Over proof? Or develop gluten?? Or both?!?!

Comment

Develop gluten. I doubt it over proof in the fridge in 72 hours.

Comment

I finally got to use the dough after sitting in the fridge for 4 days. The FB recipe was a bit slack but it turned out great - crisped up, was a bit chewy and had some good cellular structure in the crust edges. The KA whole wheat (75%) and KA AP (25%) I made using the FB recipe developed more gluten and was near perfect. Easy to handle, stretched out nicely, and cooked perfectly. Good chew/crisp balance and great rise/structure on the crust edges.

I think I will knead the Caputo 00 for another 2-3 mins next time and try to use it within 48 hrs and see how it does. Thanks Scar for a great video and easy technique! I'm definitely going to stick with this for a bit and just tweak it a bit as I go. I need to adapt it for sure to freezing dough. I've got to plan for 20 pizzas in the freezer at all times. I don't want to find myself trying to make dough and fire oven and cook in the same day.

Comment

A few shots of the Caputo pizzas in the oven.

Comment

Another shot

Comment

Sorry the iPad won't let me do more than 1 pic per post...

Here is a good shot of finished pizzas and crust. The fresh mozzarella pizza is Caputo and the regular Ny style (shredded mozzarella) is the KA whole wheat.

Comment

And that is what it is all about, excellent!

I made a dough this morning for tonight, I am home alone, so I get to make whatever I like. This is an emergency dough, designed to be used in about 8 hours at room temp, cooked in the WFO at lower temps, about 700-750 degrees for Neo-NY style.

4 cups HEB bread flour
                          1 cup semolina
                          3-1/2 cups Miller beer
                          2 tsp salt
                          1 tsp ADY

Hand mixed for 3-4 minutes, then I will let it rise for a couple hours and do the stretch and folds and ball it.

p.s. give that dog some pizza bones!

Comment

Livin' the High Life!!

Comment

Balled and in the proofing tubs, there will be pizza in 4 or 5 hours.

Comment

I fired it to clear then let it cool down so I could do New York style (4-6 minute) pizzas at around 700.

Comment

Working...
                                X