Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valoriani vs. ambrogi for Neapolitan pizza

Hi everybody,

I'm buying myself a new woodfired oven, and unfortunately, Forno Bravo doesn't have a dealer in my area.
    My two options are a valoriani oven 36" Ovens for pizza VALORIANI - Ovens for family or Ambrogi jolly 34".

Thank you for your help, Guy

Re: valoriani vs. ambrogi for Neapolitan pizza

The valorianis are fairly notorious for having heat balance issues that make them less than ideal for Neapolitan pizza. What's the inner dome height on the Ambrogi?

By the way, you are looking at wood ovens, correct? On the page I found, the Ambrogi ovens reference a 'burner.' Gas ovens are showing some promise, but are still relatively untested.
    Last edited by scott123; 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Any consideration of building one? Seems like there was a recent poster who was or is building an wood fired oven from Israel. Lots of people on this forum who had never laid a brick and have successfully built an oven.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
        Any consideration of building one? Seems like there was a recent poster who was or is building an wood fired oven from Israel. Lots of people on this forum who had never laid a brick and have successfully built an oven.
        Hi Utah,

Check your email.

Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, so I won't comment on the Valoriani, lol.

All of the Ambrogi ovens I have seen specs on in the past have nice 12-13" dome heights and seem to function very nicely. You don't see many of them here in the US, but they seem to be very nice ovens.

Comment

This is not a be nice forum, but be "Helpful". If a product deserve negative appraisal, give it, each person will make their final decision, others might disagree with your opinion and may give valid facts to disprove your assessment. What most of us want is the best advice that we can give or receive from members who have been there and done that.

Comment

For the most part that was meant as a joke. The truth of it is there is something about Valoriani ovens that just doesn't work right, but I've never been able to figure out what it is. Normally a flawed oven has a glaring flaw. The dome is too high(for pizza), the vent is wrong, it's poorly insulated, ext. Not only is their nothing glaring about Valoriani ovens, there is nothing at all, but in my experience they are way out of balance. It seems like every pizzeria around here that opens with a wood fired oven has a Valoriani. I've seen obviously skilled pizza makers from Naples struggle with them. I've seen high school kids probably making minimum wage struggle with them. I've seen everyone between struggle with them, and I've talked with many of them about it. Once you drop the temperature out of Neapolitan ranges they work fine, but why buy an oven that can't do Neapolitan pizza if you have options that can?

Comment

Thanks to you all!
                I think that I'll buy the ambrogi
                scott- I don't sure about the exect height, but i thiink that it around 10" maybe a little more.
                Russell (Utahbeehiver)- I wanted to build my oven, but unfortunately I don't have the time

Guy

Comment

Hi Guy,

I see that they sell the insulation as an accessory, be sure to get enough.

Comment

I did checked this all insulation thing and Ambrogi's dealer said that the oven comes good to go and the only problem is direct rain.

somebody here have and experience with those ovens and knows if it true?

Thanks a lot, Guy

Comment

"Good to go", means that 2" of ceramic board, plus ceramic blankets come with unit?

Comment

What the dealer meant by good to go is that you don't need to add any of this.

Comment

If the oven is already in the stainless enclosure it is insulated. Their information seems to be confusing. A guy on another site got one of these ovens a few years ago and after insulating the heck out of it came to find out it was already insulated.

Comment

Hi Guy,

Check this out, someone found a used one and is showing a pizza he cooked with it.

anyone recognize this oven?

Comment

Thank you Lauren(?) for all your help, you're pretty awesome!
                              Those pies looks pretty handsome to me

Comment

Working...
                              X