My KitchenAid Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My KitchenAid Mixer

We had a ton of Green points and traded them in on a KitchenAid Mixer with the metal gears.

I just ran some dough through it and it sounded good - but a little loud. I looked for the video that started this thread so I could compare, but alas, it's gone.

So far, the mixer is working great. But I'm having separation anxiety from the bread machine we've been using for dough making for so long....

Christo
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Comment

Christo,

After a year or so, I'm still very happy with my (metal gearbox) KA. Mine is also a bit loud.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Mine is not only loud, it gets pretty hot too. The manual says that's normal. I guess as long as it doesn't start smoking ....

Comment

Originally posted by jerrycook View Post
          Mine is not only loud, it gets pretty hot too. The manual says that's normal. I guess as long as it doesn't start smoking ....
          Mine is working perfectly. In regard to noise, I think I went to one too many Black Sabbath concerts

Les...
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

There you go. Problem solved. Mischief managed.

I'll play ozzy when I make dough from now on!!!

Thanks!

Christo
            My oven progress -
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
            sigpic

Comment

Ozzy is a good solution...

My KA is loud too, I don't know what kind of gears she has, but I haven't managed to kill her yet and I've had her seven years. I named her Dinah. I never figured a mixer that size was gonna be quiet, somehow...

You know the trouble for me with the other choices? I can't get them in the pretty green color Dinah is.
              Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Elizabeth,

If your KA is 7 years old, I suspect you have the metal gearbox.

The plastic box was a short-lived, cost-saving blunder that caused Kichenaid to earn a huge black mark on their reputation.

I think it only lasted 2-3 model years.
                Ken H. - Kentucky
                42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I have both the KA and Electrolux. My (wifes) KA is about 15 years old and works fine, but is a little 'capacity' limited. She loves it for her chocolate chips cookies and mashed potatoes. I started making dough with the KA, then I went to my 10 cup Cuisenart with a dough blade and then decided that I needed bigger batches. My DLX is pretty much dedicated to dough. It works flawlessly, quietly, and has great capacity. My largest batch was just under 11#, and aside from managing the dough to keep it in the bowl, it works great. The speeds are relatively slow (40-150rpm, I believe) and it's amazing to watch the dough come together, but I don't have the ability to post video.

Comment

Working...
                  X